That Still Small Voice

We all have it. The still small voice that has us stop what we\'re doing. 

We pause, we doubt, and then we stop. 

"What if they don't like me?"

"What if they think I'm crazy for starting this project?" 

"What if it doesn't work?"

How can a voice so tiny do so much damage? And why, if it is so small, do we listen to it?

Fear and doubt are very powerful emotions, and yet so are love and happiness. It is a matter of habit. We lean towards what has become familiar and safe. 

Keep in mind that we all have a survival instinct buried deep within our DNA. Those what-ifs are there to keep us safe from very real physical danger. We're coded for safety.

Unfortunately that bit of programming is always on. 

We don't need to turn it off, it's there for our protection; but how do we move forward with it? We use it to our advantage. Let it play the role of devil's advocate. Answer those questions and take the time to discover more about yourself.

"What if they don't like me?"

Are these people that I want to spend time with? If not, why does it matter? If so, why do I want to? Is it a positive association? Or do I want to associate with these people because I think I'll get some form of personal gain out the relationship? If so, is this really the type of person I want to be?

You don\'t need to quiet the still small voice. It is there for your protection, and part of that protection is taking time for reflection. Take some time today to work through a self-doubt. Ask and answer all of those limiting questions. 

And then step forward in your journey.

Blessed be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is it Magic or Magick?

Your Gift